All Gas Installation and Fireplace, Inc. l Gas Fireplace Service St Louis l St Louis Gas Fireplace Inserts l Chimney Sweeps Repair St Louis
Annual maintenance on your vent free unit is extremely important. Maintenance helps to prevent outages, odors and assures your unit is running correctly. Our technician will clean and service the pilot light, thermocouple, logs, burner, air shutter, main burner orifice, as well as change the batteries (as needed), check the gas valve and gas line.
Vented Gas Logs:
- Can only be installed into a properly functioning wood burning fireplace.
- Are approximately 10% efficient and can use as much gas as a furnace.
- Have a large flame, can have remote controls adapted to them and are ideal for situations where no heat is required.
Direct Vent Fireplaces:
- Are a sealed combustion system.
- Have a glass front that is not removable.
- Uses combustion air from outside and the flue gases are vented to the exterior.
- Can be installed with blowers, lights and remote controls.
- Run at about a 80% efficiency and does not affect indoor air quality and is a good fit for homes with pets, or inhabitants with asthma or allergies.
Direct Vent Gas Inserts:
- Are a great fit when updating your open front fireplace to a more efficient unit.
- Operates under the same principle of a direct vent fireplace only engineered to fit inside your fireplace.
- Does not affect indoor air quality.
- Is a sealed combustion unit that pulls combustion air from the exterior and exhaust to the outside.
Our CSIA Certified Chimney Sweeps inspect and sweep chimneys of all kinds (wood and gas). As part of the service, we will provide not only the chimney sweep, but we will perform a NFPA Level inspection of the fireplace system as a whole and provide a report of any and all findings, with recommendations on what action to take to correct any deficiencies that may be found. We look for any problems that could prevent peak performance and recommend what is needed for your system to burn cleanly and safely.
The National Fire Protection Association recommends that all chimneys, fireplaces, and vents shall be inspected at least once a year for soundness, freedom from deposits, and correct clearances.
A chimney sweep and inspection is especially important before the installation of a gas fired product because the sweep not only removes possible combustible deposits, but includes the removal of potential nesting material from squirrels and birds that can also present a potential hazard.
Having smoking problems? Odor issues? Selling or buying your home?
Fireplace inspections are commonly used to investigate problems, check for occurrence of fire and to determine structure soundness. We offer an inspection that is dictated by NFPA 211 (standard for chimneys, fireplaces, vents and solid fuel burning appliances.)
Every house has a roof, and EVERY chimney should have a cap. Squirrels, birds, raccoons, rain, snow and ice are all potential hazards that can be easily avoidable with a chimney cap.
From budget minded steel caps, to stainless steel and copper, our caps are manufactured by the
Hy-C Company right here in St. Louis and will protect your fireplace and chimney system.
Prefabricated fireplaces are sealed at the top with a chase cover or “chase top.” Builders tend to use a cheaper grade of galvanized steel that over a short period of time can rust resulting in staining on you siding and roof. Let us replace your rusting chase top with a stainless steel chase top that will never rust.
Let us update your current system!
With one click from the comfort of your couch during a cold winter’s night you will wonder where your remote system has been all your life!
Most existing vented gas logs can be updated with a remote system.
Manually controlled vent free systems are not updateable but can easily be replaced with a remote ready system.
Annual service on your direct vent fireplace includes: cleaning and inspection of the pilot light, thermocouple, thermopile, valve, burner, logs and glass front. Regular glass cleaner should not be used on direct vent glass and will leave a film that is difficult to remove.
Vented gas logs will burn dirtier over time resulting in the sand or vermiculite settling and exposing the burner tube. This will affect the flame pattern and can cause excessive sooting of your logs. Our standard service includes: cleaning the pilot light, thermocouple, logs and valve. We can also refurbish your vented logs with new sand and embers.
Vent Fee Gas Logs:
- Burn 99.9% efficient at 30,000 BTU’s (using technology similar to a gas range).
- Are the most efficient gas logs available.
- Require no flue or chimney and can be installed almost anywhere in the home.
- Sold standard with a remote control, but can be priced without.
- Can be installed to function two ways:
1. Installed in most prefabricated or masonry fireplaces with full use of the damper that when closed allows for little heat loss.
2. Installed in a vented configuration, allows heat to escape up the flue when you just want the atmosphere.
Maintaining your gas grill is of utmost importance. Our yearly maintenance ensures your grill will be operating properly for those summer cook outs. We scrape and vacuum the inside of the casting, clean the orifices, ventures and burner, wipe the entire grill, check all other parts for worthiness and advise on replacements.
At AGIF, we also sell and install natural gas grills. Broilmaster Premium Gas Grills made in Belleville, Illinois, has a style and budget to fit almost anyone. Natural gas grills can be installed on patios, decks, and even the yard. Choose a natural gas grill and never buy another propane tank again!
View Our Photo Gallery For A Peek At Our Before & After Photos of Our Work
Annual service on your direct vent gas insert includes: cleaning and inspection of the pilot light, thermocouple, thermopile, valve, burner, logs and glass front. Regular glass cleaner leaves a film that is difficult to remove and should not be used to clean your direct vent gas insert glass.
Vent Free Gas Inserts:
- Are a good fix for fireplaces with flue and or chimney problems, as they are a self contained UL listed product designed to fit into an existing fireplace.
- Is 99.9% efficient, has a mesh front and is remote ready.
Annual preventive maintenance will keep your unit running at its peak efficiency and ensure trouble free operation.
GAS APPLIANCE SERVICE, SALES AND INSTALLATION
Copyright 2011 All Gas Installation & Fireplace Inc. : Chimney Sweeping/Fireplace Services St. Louis. All Rights Reserved.
Click logo to verify our certifications
Fill Out the Form Below and a Service Representative Will Be In Contact Within 24 hours.
Preferred Contact Method:
* If you do not receive an email within 24 hours, please check your spam folder or add "[email protected]" to your address book.
CERTIFIED, BONDED & INSURED FOR YOUR PROTECTION
View a variety of our gas logs burning